SYED MOOSA ALI
My current research interest comprises of
(a) Bio-optical parameter retrieval in optically complex waters using ocean color remote sensing (multi-spectral and hyperspectral).
(b) Studying Phytoplankton size distribution and community structure in Arabian Sea using in-situ and satellite data.
(c) Studying the response of phytoplankton community in Northern Indian Ocean (especially Arabian Sea) to the environmental driving forces.
• “Ocean color satellite determinations of phytoplankton size class in the Arabian Sea during the winter monsoon”, Arvind Sahay, Syed Moosa Ali, Anurag Gupta, Joaquim I. Goes, Remote Sensing of Environment 198 (2017) 286–296.
• "Tracking fishing ground parameters in cloudy region using ocean colour and satellite-derived surface flow estimates: A study in the Bay of Bengal." Jishad, M., Ranjit Kumar Sarangi, Smitha Ratheesh, Syed Moosa Ali, and Rashmi Sharma. Journal of Operational Oceanography (2019): 1-12.
• "Distribution of coloured dissolved and detrital organic matter in optically complex waters of Chilika lagoon, Odisha, India, using hyperspectral data of AVIRIS-NG." Sahay, Arvind, Anurag Gupta, Gunjan Motwani, Mini Raman, Syed Moosa Ali, Meghal Shah, Shard Chander, Pradipta R. Muduli, and R. N. Samal. CURRENT SCIENCE 116, no. 7 (2019): 1166.
• "Role of Visible Spectroscopy in Bio-Optical Characterization of Coastal Waters." Gupta, Anurag, Syed Moosa Ali, Aswathy Vijaya Krishna, Arvind Sahay, and Mini Raman. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters (2020).
• “Improved estimates of bio-optical parameters in optically complex water using hyperspectral remote sensing data.” Syed Moosa Ali, Anurag Gupta, Mini Raman, Arvind Sahay, Gunjan Motwani, Pradipta R. Muduli, Ashwathi Vijaya Krishna and Anima Tirkey. International Journal of Remote Sensing (2020) - Accepted