top of page
• Derivation of climatology of rainfall based on 8-10 years Radar data at one or more location in India.
• Weather radars provide surface rainfall intensity estimates based on Marshal Palmer relation, these estimates have high spatial and temporal resolution in comparison to surface observation network. Hence, an attempt to derive climatology of rainfall based on weather radar past 8-10 yrs data is being made. This work serves two purposes: first namely derivation of climatology of rainfall based on Doppler weather radar 8-10 yrs data. Second is to prepare climatology for extreme weather events associated with Western Disturbance such as hailstorm, thunderstorm which impacts northern India during winter months mainly.
• It would be useful for IMD (India Meteorological Department) to have a catalogue of climatology of rainfall events over a particular area.
• Climatology of radar rainfall could be utilised for climatological application such as estimation of probabilities of extreme rainfall which is used for design purposes in water management.
• Climatology of extreme weather events along with hydrometeor details could be utilised by forecasters and academics & designers associated with water management.
• The climatology results can be utilised by various departments working in disaster management related services.
bottom of page